Tired of damp plywood gone soft/cracking?July 27, 2019
We now offer mats in any color!August 29, 2019
Steel road plates used in the construction and traffic industry to reinforce grounds, cover potholes, make temporary crossings over trenches and other sensitive areas expecting heavy load bearing from vehicles and such.
Features to consider when choosing steel road plates:
- Plate panel size, coverage and thickness recommendations
- Load bearing features
- Use of fixings and machining processes
- Anti-skid and Airside treatments
- Safe handling, installation and transportation
- Edge, ramp & chamfering details
- Suitable transport solutions
- low emission zone (LEZ) and other regulations
We offer in our ArmorTrax® Heavy Metal series the following steel road plates available in both the S235JR & S355J2+N material ( Se material explanation at the bottom of this post**).
- ArmorTrax® HeavyMetal MINI / Steel road plate 1000x2000x30mm 30 1000x2000x30mm S235JR & S355J2+N
- ArmorTrax® HeavyMetal1 / Steel road plate 4000x2000x20mm 20 4000x2000x20mm S235JR & S355J2+N
- ArmorTrax® HeavyMetal2 / Steel road plate 4000x2000x25mm 25 4000x2000x25mm S235JR & S355J2+N
- ArmorTrax® HeavyMetal3 / Steel road plate 4000x2000x30mm 30 4000x2000x30mm S235JR & S355J2+N
- ArmorTrax® HeavyMetal4 / Steel road plate 4000x2000x40mm 40 4000x2000x40mm S235JR & S355J2+N
- ArmorTrax® HeavyMetal5 / Steel road plate 5000x2000x30mm 30 5000x2000x30mm S235JR & S355J2+N
- ArmorTrax® HeavyMetal LARGE / Steel road plate 6000x2000x30mm 30 6000x2000x30mm S235JR & S355J2+N
Other common names: Road plates, crossing plates, trench plates, iron mats, metal sheets, steel road plates*….
*Not to be confused with the “Steel plate construction” that is a method of constructing heavy reinforced metal sheets mixed with cement, used commonly in the building construction industry. Normally each assembly in the manufacturing process has two parallel plates joined with welded stringers. The assemblies are moved to the job site and placed with a crane as walls.
S235JR = Soft structural steel easy to weld and bend.
Variants suitability for hot dip zinc coating according the classification in Table 1 EN 10025-2:2004: Class 1: Si max 0,030% and Si + 2,5 P max 0,090%. Class 2: Si max 0,035%. Class 3 Si 0,14…0,25% and P max
Variant Cast Weldability C % Mn % P % S % Cu % N %
SS 14 13 12:1987 (ref) Std CEV max Min – – – – – –
Pcm max Max 0.20 – 0.050 0.050 – 0.0120
S235JR EN10025-2 (ref) Std CEV 0.35max Min – – – – – –
Pcm 0.25max Max 0.17 1.40 0.035 0.035 0.55 0.0120